Today, UCLA Dean of Social Sciences Darnell Hunt appeared on The Lead CNN with Jake Tapper to discuss police brutality and the breaking news of the day dealing with the nationwide protests against racism and injustice. Watch the video of the interview HERE.
In addition, Dean Hunt has recently been asked by numerous media outlets to provide his expert insight on the current events. Check out each of the links below.
- 5/29 – Opinion: America Is a Tinderbox
- 5/30 – ‘Riots,’ ‘violence,’ ‘looting’: Words matter when talking about race and unrest, experts say
- 5/31 – 示威失控 UCLA專家：背後根本原因是白人至上
- 5/31 – George Floyd death: Why do some protests turn violent?
- 6/1 – The 1992 Rodney King Riots and Today’s Looting and Rioting in LA (Background Briefing with Ian Masters Podcast)
- 6/1 – Protests for racial justice: Faculty share insights on responses to the killing of George Floyd
- 6/1 – Retailers and restaurants across the U.S. close their doors amid protests
- 6/2 – Christian Science Monitor
- 6/2 – George Floyd: Mengapa demonstrasi damai memprotes kematian George Floyd bisa berubah menjadi kerusuhan
- 6/2 – MTV and Comedy Central pause to honor George Floyd, but much of Hollywood remains on the sidelines
- 6/2 – What Should We Expect From Entertainment Companies When It Comes to Fighting Racism?
- 6/2 – There isn’t a simple story about looting
- 6/3 – ‘Do the Right Thing’: The best films by black directors on Netflix
- 6/3 – From AppleTV+ to Netflix: Stories Focus on African-Americans Chasing the American Dream
- 6/3 – Que devons-nous attendre des entreprises de divertissement lorsqu’il s’agit de lutter contre le racisme?
- 6/4 – On The Politics Of Using The Word “Fascist”
- 6/4 – Porque se vandalizam e pilham lojas no meio de protestos pacíficos? A lógica do looting
- 6/4 – 全美暴動…為何和平抗議會變「暴力搶劫」？專家揭背後真相